In comparison with cristalline technopolymers, the amorphous polymers’ properties are:
- Low coefficient of linear thermal expansion
- Good dimensional stability
- Quite independence of the elastic modulus on temperature
However, unlike semi-crystalline materials, the presence of one single phase does offer:
- Less abrasion and wear resistance
- Limited resistance against chemical agents
- Less resistance against environmental agents
- Less stress resistance
Discover all the advantages of 3D printing: High Performing Material is the new editorial blog by Roboze, dedicated to high performance materials, capable to replace even the most extreme applications.
#Printstronglikemetal, follow Roboze!